The neuronal ceroid lipofuscinoses (NCL) is a group of inherited, progressive neuro-degenerative diseases. The juvenile form (JNCL) is caused by mutations in the CLN3 gene. It is characterized by severe visual impairment with onset around age 4–8 years, with a developmental course that includes dementia, blindness, epilepsy, speech problems, motor coordination problems and possible emotional reactions including anxiety and depression. One to two children with JNCL are born in Norway every year. There is no cure and the disease leads to premature death.
The project results show the importance of learning and education to promote best possible development and learning for individuals with JNCL. However, some of the educational innovations, that will be addressed in the seminar, are unknown areas for education today.
Presenters in the seminar are Professor Stephen von Tetzchner (University of Oslo), Professor/Doctor of medicine Alfried Kohlschütter (University Medical Centre in Hamburg), Senior Researcher Per Kristian Haugen (Norwegian National Unit for Ageing and Health), and representatives from Statped midt and the Norwegian NCL Family Association.
The seminar language is English.
Participants of the seminar is given a special room rate at Quality Hotel Panorama in Trondheim (NOK 865 for a single room and NOK 1071 for a double room with breakfast). You have to make your own hotel reservation. The location of the hotel is about 4 km from the seminar site and 7 km from the city centre.
• Use the following code if you want to stay at Quality Hotel Panorama and make use of the special rate: 4805
• The special room rate is available to 1st May 2017 but only if there are room vacancies
• Hotel reservation can be made by phone (+47 72500900) or mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Hotel address: Ivar Lykkes vei 1, 7075 Tiller, Norway
Transport between Quality Hotel Panorama and the seminar site (Statped midt)
The seminar organiser, Statped midt, will provide you with free transport between Quality Hotel Panorama and the seminar site. Further information about the transport will follow to participants staying at this hotel.
Transport from Trondheim City to Quality Hotel Panorama
• Bus: Use bus 46 from Trondheim City, Central Station or Munkegaten. Go to bus stop “City Syd” (about 200 meters from the hotel)
• Taxi: You can either use “Norgestaxi” (phone number +47 08000) or Trøndertaxi (phone number +47 07373)
Bus from Trondheim City to the seminar site (Statped midt, Heimdal)
• Take bus 4 Heimdal from City Centre (for instance from the street «Munkegata», bus stop «M2») to bus stop «Skytterveien” just outside the location of Statped midt. The bus transport takes approximately 30 minutes.
• Please note the following: Bus 4A Heimdal is not passing the location of Statped midt
The seminar is free of charges including lunch and coffee breaks. It is possible to apply for a travel allowance:
Euro 100 for Norwegian participants outside Sør-Trøndelag
Euro 200 for Nordic participants outside Norway.
The number of travel allowances are limited. Please contact Bengt Elmerskog for further information
Phone: +47 93222457